Face contouring is definitely one of the hottest beauty trends of 2016. Contouring is a technique used to enhance your natural bone structure. With tutorials and step-by-step guides taking the internet by storm, the one question still remained at large (until today) – what products do we use to achieve the perfect contour?! Iconic London happens to have the best brushes AND contouring palette on the market right now to get started on your contouring journey. Did we mention they are also cruelty free?!
Our influencer babes, Desthy and Diipa tested the Iconic London contour palette, brushes, and strobing stick. Even though they have two completely different makeup preferences and styles, they both loved it! Diipa chose a more natural looking contour whereas Desthy, a true makeup junkie, went for a bolder look.
See Diipa’s Instagram post/review here.
See Desthy’s Instagram post/review here.
You can check out Desthy’s YouTube tutorial here, or read the simple steps below!
- Picking a shade: use one of the browner colors that is one shade darker than your regular foundation.
- Start by sweeping one of the brown colors of the palette where the sun hits your face, on your nose, the outline of your forehead, cheekbones, and around your jawline.
- Be sure to use light, sweeping strokes. The darkest application of your color should start from your hairline, sweeping down from your cheeks (towards your chin). Lightly sweep back up to your ears.
- Time for highlighting! Use two tones lighter than your skin color for a nice glowy look!
- Highlight the bridge of your nose to lighten up your face. Avoid highlighting the tip of your nose. You can also extend the highlight between the brows where a furrow may appear.
- Highlight the high point of the cheekbones to define the cheek.
Just like that you’ve successfully contoured your face!
Here are products used below, all from www.iconiclondoninc.com:
- Multi Use Powder Contour Palette. Price: $40.17 USD
- Black and Rose Gold Complete Face Makeup Brush Set. Price: $73.05 USD
- Strobing Stick. Price: $30.43 USD
So what do you think of this contour kit? Would you try it?
To keep up with all of our influencer product reviews, follow Influence Nation – let’s get social!
Facebook: Influence Nation